Tuesday, February 06, 2007

24 Is A Shell Of Its Former Self


Blogs -4- Bauer touches on it with a fairly good Dennis Miller Parody . But its really more than that. Fox has gone completely off the deep end into the realm of Fairies and Fantasy land... and no I don't mean the 10:00 o'clock news. Last season they at least tried to mask their whimpification of Bauer and friends by keeping a little truth in reality on board for the ride. This season is among other things an Islamo-Love fest rivaled only by the quarterly CAIR, "I'm Good Enough, Radical Enough, & Praise Be To Allah, My 13th Wife Likes Me" conference. 99.5% of the characters this season have a more than obvious liberal bent to them and what is worse yet, they are being portrayed as mainstream while the only two on the show with any conservative tendencies at all, Peter Mac Nichol and Powers Booth, are portrayed as extremest ideologues who are bent on imprisoning Americans and denying people their rights. So this adds yet another element, which is basically that they have, by searching the archives of letterman's Top 10 list for the last 6 years and digging deep into the Sheehan articles on the Huffington Post, come up with what a conservative really is and used that as a template for these characters. Not only is it offensive, its just flat out lame. From a guy who has watched every single season of 24, I am half tempted to just forget the rest of the of it and be content to wait until Tuesday where there is (for the time being anyway) still a half way decent Pro-American show on (NCIS) to get my fix. Honestly, if I were not to have had the history already with this show and had just turned it on for the first time last night not only would I have never watched again, I would have put it in the same category with Boston Public, Law & Order(s), Crossing Jordan, etc... and bagged on anyone who said they watched it.

It was nice while it lasted, but I have to say goodbye to 24 I'm afraid, and say, in the immortal words of some eeeviiilll vilan out there that Jack may have eaten for lunch 3 seasons ago, but now would not have the will to hurt because of all the emotional damage done to him by our oppressive government's abuse of human rights and lack of a good dental plan... "I Must Kill You Now"
______________________________________________
Update: 02/07/07

I almost forgot to mention the plot. Yes folks it now seems that America and its Imperialist corporations are responsible for terrorism. It was the greed and short-sightedness of evil American white men that allowed Imhotep to get his hands on the suitcase nukes to begin with. Oh, and be sure not to miss the fact that they make the go between, who is not responsible but complicit, a Brit either. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this entire season is a an attempt at a bad metaphor for The Us and Britan's Iraq and terrorism policies respectively. When you really think about it the writers must think the majority of us are brain dead to have written such a massive piece of dung. I am insulted

3 comments:

Greg said...

You would think after 20 months in a Chinese prison he would want a cheeseburger or something.

Uncle Tim said...

No Kidding

Anonymous said...

Don't quit Jack just yet. In Season 4 it looked like the libtards were getting their way until Jack bent back a prisoner's fingers like LT did to Joe Theisman's leg.