Ramblings
Hello all, I am not even really sure what I want to write today or if anyone is even listening anyway. MLS season is starting soon which is cool cuz I have season tickets to the Galaxy. Note to all of you Soccer haters out there: Don't knock it if you don't understand it! Anyhoo, I was thinking the other day, just about the way life is ordered, how perfect God really made this world. I have to laugh when friends and others muse on how chaotic everything is, when in fact there is a piece of God's quite, perfect order in everything. Yes, even in tragedy, even in death and sorrow. No, not just sensical, purposeful death and sorrow either. Even in the totally unexpected, seemingly unreasonable things that happen every day, His hand is moving, never shaken, never deterred. I have to remind myself often that our perspective vs. His is as different as that of an Ant and an Eagle (we are the Ant =o)). Though this does not make the walls in front of us any less insurmountable, or the pains any less deep, it does give comfort to know, I mean to really, really know that God has us in His hands.
My children are growing up so fast. I have a daughter who has gone from a doting little girl to nearly a young woman in the course of a year and that is trip by itself. A son who has gone from a freckled little boy to a studly High School letterman. Thoughts of them take me to my frustration over this election cycle among other things. It has always perplexed me how opposite our two parties can be at times. In ideal and in deed. It seems our aim is the same, but our approaches to getting there are vast in difference. I can come to a point of frustration in trying to figure that out as well and there are times I have to admit that I do judge very heavily whole groups of people that espouse certain liberal views. But as Paul said in the book of Romans, "thanks be to God, in Christ Jesus our Lord" that He is judge and not me! Because I am equally as flawed as any I despise for whatever reason.
Speaking of vast differences...
Relationships are an oddity I am growing weary of lately. Romantic ones in particular... It would seem God would have me lay down my life for another, and I have found great difficulty in doing so to a degree that matches that of His command. I could say I have been hurt before, but that is just an excuse. I could say that I just do not have that much to give, but that too would be untrue. The funny thing is that in every other area of my life if I can eliminate what is not the case, usually I am left with what is, but not here. Just confusion most of the time, and mostly frustration the rest. Oh Well! Moving on...
Kind of puts me in the mood for Hot Fudge Sundae's... I know that was really random. But who is reading this anyway =o)
Ok, Ok, I'll shut up now. Check out this very funny piece on Obamehssiah and his bud of all buds The flutargraphicalingy most honorable Rev. Wright and his all race baiting band









1 comment:
A
Post a Comment